CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Babies I LOVE, but pregnancy I DO NOT!

I have been on a blogging Hiatus, and not just a blogging hiatus but a everything hiatus. In case you didn't know I am three months pregnant. This might explain why you haven't seen or heard from me for two months. It takes over my life, and not in a good way. Babies I love but pregnancy I do not! If only a stork really brought the baby to the doorstep or a nice trip to the baby store would be more up my alley. I got so sick I could not even function. Without my wonderful husband, who put up with my miserable self, cooked dinner, bought the groceries, got the boys to bed, cleaned the house, did the laundry all in the few hours that he had to spare late at night our house would have fallen apart.



One night my parents called and I was crying, I just couldn't take it anymore I could barely get out of bed or leave the bathroom and I didn't know how I could take care of the boys during the day. I felt like such a bad mother letting my children watch movie after movie. We had so many things that we needed to do to get our house ready to sell, and I just could not do it. A few minutes after hanging up with my parents my dad called me back and said that he had booked a flight two days later and could stay with me for two weeks. What would I do without such a wonderful father! This was music to my ears and an answer to my prayers. My dad was such a huge help fixing all the things around the house and taking a huge weight off of Justin's shoulders as well. I hated to see him go but the day that my dad left things were pretty good. It was the first day that I had not thrown-up and I was feeling a little better. My dad left and then the Relief Society brought dinner and I thought things were on the up. A few hours later I got this terrible pain in my side and in my back. I thought that it would just go away but it just got worse and worse. Justin gave me a blessing and I tried to go to sleep but I was in so much pain. I thought that I was in labor. He called the nurse and they thought I might have appendicitis. Justin called my visiting teacher and good friend Cherie to come over (it was late at night)to stay with the boys. The pain was so bad Justin had to carry me to the car and into the E.R. They tried to find the heart beat on the baby but they couldn't at first, so they had to do an ultrasound but the baby seemed fine, which was a huge relief. They still didn't know what was wrong, but whatever it was they were going to need to do surgery to remove the problem before it burst.





It turns out that I had an ovary that had twisted that had swelled three times it size and they had to remove it. Now what was I going to do, I couldn't lift 20 pound for a month, which meant I wouldn't be able to put Jake down for a nap or get the house ready to sell. Justin cancelled work and appointments so that he could be home and the Relief Society (appropriately named) brought in meals and lined up babysitting as well. One of my good friends Emily from Utah even offered to come and stay with us, but with all the help we were getting we thought we'd save her the expensive plane tickets, but just the thought meant more then she'll ever know. Thank heaven for good friends! We decided it would be best if I moved back to Utah and stay with my parents so they could help with the boys and Justin would stay and finish school and try to sell the house without having to worry about us. So a few days after surgery Justin flew the boys and I to Utah and got on a plane and flew right back to St. Louis. We are going to miss him but we have faith that everything will all work out!



Ty, Jake and I are back in Utah indefinately!

0 comments: