CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

CHRISTmas



Some of our friends had us over for Family Home Evening and we watched this video Reflections of Christ. Taycie was fussing so I didn't get to watch it very good. I came home and looked it up so I could watch it in silence. It is such a beautiful slide show of Christ. Thank you guys for the great FHE. When we got home Justin said, "Melissa did a really good job," and indeed she did! Thanks for having us over and for sharing your testimony on the true meaning of Chirstmas.

I also found this great story that I read to my Sunday school class that I wanted to share.

Twas the night before Jesus's birthday and all through the house, not a creature was praying, not one in the house.
Their scriptures were layed on the shelf without care, for none thought that Jesus would ever come there.
The children were dressing to crawl into bed, not one ever kneeling or bowing a head.
And mom in her rocker, baby on her lap, was watching a late show, while I took a nap.
When out if the east shown a light bright as day, I leaped from my chair to see it's glorious ray.
Away to the window I flew like a flash, tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.
When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but angels proclaiming that Jesus was here.
Their voices in chorus were singing his praise, I knew that this must me the great day of days.
The light of his face made me cover my head, Jesus had come again, just like he said.
And though I posessed worldly wisdom and wealth, I cried when I saw him in spite of myself.
In the great book of life he held tight in his hand, was written the name of each rightous man.
He spoke not a word as he searched for my name, when he said, "it's not here," my head hung in shame.
The people who's names had been written with love, he gathered to take to his Father above.
With those who were ready he rose with no sound, while all of rest of us stood standing around.
I fell to my knees, but it was to late, I'd waited to long and thus sealed my fate.
I stood and I cried as thye rose out of sight, I had been worldly and gave up the fight.
The words in the scriptures speak truths ever clear, and the day of his coming draws ever so near.
We must live life worthy to head his great call, When Jesus will say to us, "COME ONE AND ALL."

Merry Christmas!

Love, The Traveller's

9 comments:

Clayton and Heidi said...

I loved that! Merry Christmas

Joanie said...

I really like that poem. In fact, I might have to steal it for my blog. Hope you don't mind!

Melissa Hernandez said...

thanks for the great story! Merry Christmas! p.s. it was fun to run into you last weekend, you have such a darling family!

Emily said...

I have seen that video. I am sorry Taycie was fussy! You should she if she wants to watch it again--Clara really likes it! I love your family picture--so cute!!

fish family said...

Merry Christmas. I loved Reflections movie. Cute family pictures.

Rachel said...

Great poem, I might use it :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Trisha said...

I too was at a family thing watching this video when one of my boys tried getting a huge knife off of a nearby table. Thanks for posting it so I could watch it again in peace!

Nate and Tasha said...

Your family picture is so cute. I love all the stripes. Merry Late Christmas!

Emilee said...

that is a great family pic! and thse reflections of Christ is done by a guy in Mesa, where i grew up. some of the people in thie pics i know! jesus is in my mom/dad's stake, i know one of the virgins, the singer was in my ward, i babysat her kids, the list goes on. anyway, i love it!