She's oh so sweet, and so much fun.
Our little princess is turning 1!
Can you believe it's been a year? Neither can I!
Dear Taycie on your first birthday,
A year ago today I paced the halls at night timing contractions wondering if this was really it, I had never had contractions at home before so I didn't know what to do. I took a bath and packed my bags all the while anticipating your arrival. The contractions slowly became farther apart, I was disapointed and went back to sleep. I had a doctors appointment in the morning and he was going to strip my membranes so I knew that it would be just a short time until I meet your sweet little spirit. It was President's day that next morning and my brothers were out of school to watch your brothers and my mom came with me to the dr. appointment since your dad was already at the hospital working at his internship. The dr. stripped my membranes and sent me up to labor and delivery to have a baby! We were so excited we walked up to get your dad in the cardio rehab. center and we were so excited. I loved the whole experiance of giving birth that day but the pregnancy was another story. When I was 11 weeks pregnant with you I was sick. so sick. Just like I was with your brothers. I could barely function. Your papa flew to St. Louis to take care of me and your brothers since your dad was gone most of the day to school. I was sick in bed for several weeks and he cooked and cleaned and did handyman jobs around the house. The day that it was time for him to leave I felt the best I had in along time, I hadn't thrown up all day which made it a good day. A few hours after he left I was in horrible pain, The worst pain I had ever felt. I didn't know what I was going to do I just curled up in a ball and cried. The pain in my side was unbearable I didn't know what to think. I couldn't bear the thought of losing you. Your dad gave me a blessing you would be alright and that I would know what to do to make the pain go away. I tried everything but the pain just worsened. I told him to call the Dr. he did and the nurse said to get to the E.R. immediately, they thought it might be my appendix. It was 11 p.m. so we called my visiting teacher who came over to stay with the boys. We rushed to the E.R. but they didn't know what was wrong, but they knew something was. They said they would just have to go in and remove whatever it was. They called my Dr. and a few other Dr.s to go in because they didn't know what to expect or who's speciality it was. As they wheeled me into surgery the nurse said, "this could abort the baby." I just started to cry, I prayed so hard in those few minutes, makinging promises and pleading to my Heavenly Father to not take you from me. I didn't know if you were a boy or a girl but I knew I loved you all the same. Tears ran down my face as they put me to sleep. While I was alseep I saw you in the most wonderful dream. I was in a heavenly place all white I saw my Grandmother who passed away before I was born, I frantically ran to her and said "Where is SHE?" She said she's fine and pointed to my Grandfather who was holding you in a rocking chair. The next thing I knew I was awake in a recovery room I didn't want to be awake I wanted to be back with you, it was so real. I tried to go back to sleep but I couldn't. I saw a nurse in the corner of the room. "Is my baby O.K?" I asked her. She said that she didn't know and that I would have to wait until they took me back to my room and the nurse would have to do an ultrasound. She told me to go back to sleep. I didn't want to go back to sleep I just wanted to see if you were alright, nothing else mattered. When they took me to the room the nurse listened for a heartbeat. It was hard for her to find it since you were still so small. Finally there it was the happiest sound I had ever heard, it was truely music to my ears. I hadn't ever even asked what was wrong with me becuase I was more concerned about you. Your dad told me my ovary had twisted and and was the size of a softball and could have burst so they removed it. I told him and my mom when she called of the dream I had. We cried together and from that moment on we just knew you were little Taycie! I moved in with my parents a few days later so that they could help me with the boys since was not to lift anything for a few months. Your dad came to visit on his birthday and we tried to get an ultrasound but your legs were closed and the doctor said that he couldn't get a good look but he would guess a girl, that was good enought for me because I already knew. Your dad had to go back to St. Louis and and so I returned with my dad for another ultra sound a few weeks later and sure enough you were a Girl! My dad cried with Joy he was so happy to be getting his first granddaughter. Oh how everyone was so excited for your arrival. And so that President's day came and delivery was a breeze. I felt some pressure and you were there. The Dr. had to hold you in until the nurses got situated. You were so beautiful I just couldn't take my eyes off you, it was as if I had seen you before, I knew you. Grandma and Papa were both in the room and they cried when you wer born, they too were just so happy to finally meet you. You had your dad wrapped around your finger from the first moment he saw you. He tells you how beautiful you are everyday. Your brothers immediately took their job as your protectors seriously, they are always mindful of what you are doing and keeping you safe, they can't stop kissing you. I am forever indebted to my Heavenly Father for watching over us that that scary time and bringing you into my life. I love you more then you'll ever know. I look forward to all the wonderful times we are going to have together. I love you my sweet Taycie. I hope that I can be the best mom that you could ever ask for. This past year has gone by so quickly, and it has been such a joy watching you learn and grow. You have been such a joy of a baby sleeping through the night since you were three months old. You have never been sick other then an occasional runny nose. Your very busy always wanting to try new things and explore the world. You truely bring so much happiness to our little family. Happy 1st Birthday! We love you!
Things you love at 1
You love to climb up and down the stairs. When you were seven months old and started crawling you went to the stairs and climbed up your first try all the way to the top. A few months ago to taught your self how to turn around to go down all by yourself.
You love to jump in the jumper and always have, you get pretty crazy in it, we call you jumping bean.
Just the last few days you have really started walking around alot. Before you would take a few steps then crawl.
You put everthing in your mouth, you don't discriminate as to what goes in, bugs dirt garbage, whatever.
You have just started to dance which is really funny. Your favorite song to dance to is the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song.
You love to pull everything out of drawers or buckets.
Your shoes and blankets and clothes are some of your favorites to throw all over your room.
You like to take baths and laugh at your brothers.
When Jake makes this funny and points at you you always laugh
You love it when your dad gets home.
You hate chicken but loves beef.
you love to suck your two fingers.
You have one tooth on the bottom and two on the top.
You love any kind of fruit like peaches, strawberries, blueberries, bananas and your sippy cup.
Right now your sick of green beans and cherrio's
Your favorite toys are your baby doll, your winnie the pooh doll, the rocking horse, and you love all of your blankets
You love to hold things up to your ear and pretent to talk on the phone
Your favorite words are uh oh!, what is it, don't, no, dada, mama and baba.
You like to hit us so that we say "no hitting" and then you hit yourself in the head and make this funny pouty face.
You go by the nick names Tayc, Taycie Lou, Lucy Lou, Lou Lou, Pup Pup, Sis, and Ty has renamed you Love Heart.
Your are our Love Heart and we love you!
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Happy Birthday Taycie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
oh my that was a tearjerker! thank you for sharing, i really enjoyed reading about it, sometimes things have to have a crazy story to really see the importance of what you have! she is such a sweetheart and i am so glad that she is part of your family!
That was really sweet. Thanks for sharing. It must be the mom in me that gets chills when I read that. Happy Birthday Taycie! If you end up half as cute as your mom - you'll be great!
What a difficult pregnancy, but i'm sure she'll want to read about the dream when's she's older. It's so good you've written it down. Happy birthday to her!!!
ps- I didn't know her and Bryce's b-days were so close. His is on the 20th.
That is neat you wrote that all down for her to learn someday. That is really scary and neat that you had the dream about her. I am glad everything turned out good.
Taneill
Wow, that was amazing! Thank you for sharing your experience! I am all choked up now. Happy Birthday Taycie!
I didn't know about the dream. How beautiful!
What a sweet story- I also hadn't heard of the dream that is really neat. I remember when your mom called and told me how sick you were and she herself was sicker than a dog. I just had the strongest feeling that I needed to get out there to help you guys. I was at a point in my pregnancy where it was safe to travel and we were working on making arrangements. But- you guys got it worked at with your ward to help you. Later I remember you telling me that you had prayed that someone would offer to come and help (or something along those lines) I guess that is why I had that strong feeling that I needed to help you.
I can't believe a year has passed and she is 1!! What a cutie!
What a neat story! A miracle baby for sure. I can't believe it's been a year... I remember checking your blog and listening to "Isn't She Lovely," =) and being so excited for you and so excited to have my own little girl soon! How the time has flown!
I hadn't known about all the complications your encountered during your pregnancy. It is such a miracle! Thanks for sharing!
I didn't know you had such a trial with that pregnancy. It's amazing how the Lord hears our prayers and blesses us. What a sweetheart, Happy Birthday!
Wow, I had no idea how special this adorable little girl is! What a very special story to tell her someday and boy is she cute digging into that cake! Thanks for letting us all read this.
What a tender story! What a beautiful letter to Taycie and what a cute personality she has! I wish we were closer so she and Clara could play together! Love you Taycie!
What a great journal entry! Thank goodness for blogs! Loved reading it
I had forgotten all about how sick you got. I've always thought it was so sweet that your dad came to stay with you. I hadn't heard about the dream. That is amazing--I can only imagine how much that must have meant to your mom.
I LOVE the cake-eating photos!
This was such a sweet post. I got chills reading it. Pregnancy can be so hard huh! Good thing the end result is worth all the sickness. Happy Birthday Taycie. You have a great mommy!
WOW, I have chills after reading that sweet story! Truly a miracle! Happy Birthday to your sweet girl!
So sweet Shell! Thanks for sharing.
beautiful story about your baby! it goes so quickly. you are a good Mommy, shell.
Post a Comment