CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Leaping Leprechauns!



After reading the book The Night Before St. Patrick's Day for family home evening on Monday, the rest of the night was spent devising a plan and building a Leprechaun trap.



The boys went to bed just knowing they were going to catch a Leprechaun. On Tuesday morning the boys ran into my room and yelled, "Mom the Leprechauns came we saw their footprints." I reminded them that before they looked in the trap that if they saw one they needed to to hold his stare, for if you look away or blink, leprechauns vanish quick as a wink. We followed the footprints into the kitchen where they had made a mess knocking things over and chairs upside down. We looked into our trap, and Leap'in Leprechaun the boys swear they saw him, but they must have blinked because the Leprechaun had vanished with all our money but left us the tiniest little note that lead to a treasure.




Leprechaun hats full of golden candies and Lucky Charms. "Of coarse they would leave Lucky Charms," Ty explained, "that is where they work ya know." I guess even the leprechauns still have to work even with all that gold.
Jake was a little relieved, he kept saying over and over, "They are nice Leprechauns!" I think he was a litle apprehensive going to bed for fear of mean Leprechauns invading our house in the night. I love the boys ages right now, everything is so magic, it was almost as good as Christmas morning! We enjoyed the day with all things green. Jake didn't like his food turned green that freaked him out alittle but he warmed up to the idea as the day went on. We watched Shrek and played Leprechan games and colored Leprechaun pictures, made shamrock cookies, baked green cornbread and green applesauce and then went to the Bell's for corned beef and cabbage, it was a fun dinner with the Bullough's and Bell's. We had a great St. Patty's day with our little Leprechauns!



10 comments:

Emily M said...

That is so cute! What a fun idea! Your kids are so cute! I can't believe how big Taycie is getting!

mstokes said...

Shelly, Your such a cute little mom. That sounds like the cutest little tradition for St. Patrick's Day! Tell Justin we wish he could play indoor soccer with us - but it is Ok that he has mutual on Wednesdays. We just won"t win as many games without him!

Emily said...

You are so creative! What a fun way to celebrate! How did you get the little feet on the counter?

Heather Whitehead said...

What a cute idea, i bet your kids loved it they are so cute and Taycie has gotten so big she so adorable.

Melissa Hernandez said...

Look at you miss creative!! I so need to be a cooler mom! I am so boring! We just dressed up in green and called it good :O)

Amy F. said...

That is so cute! I love that idea for when I have kids old enough ;) Sooo cute!

Jenny said...

What a super cute idea to make a fun day that much more special! Man, is this what it takes to be a super mom? Guess I better get practicing!

Natalie said...

How fun! I'm definitely stealing your ideas for a few years down the road. I love that your boys have such fun and wild imaginations. I bet every day is an adventure!

Emilee said...

cute idea, i didnt do anything for it and now i am seeing what everyone did and feeling left out. next year...

Rachel said...

That is EXACTLY what Kace's kindergarton class did for st patricks day. He was so excited to go to school that day! love it!