Home for Sale!
I miss our house in St. Louis. I didn't get to properly say goodbye, I just had to walk away with all my things still inside and turn around and know that I would never walk through my first house again. I got a taste of what the pioneers felt like when they left Nauvoo and had to walk away from their nice warm homes that they had worked so hard on. When we went to Nauvoo this summer and walked down Parley street, I couldn't stop thinking how hard it must have been to just walk away not knowing what was ahead. At least I know that I will see all my things again some day. My memories and photographs still hang on the wall, my children's swing and bikes lay still in the backyard. All the things that made it a home are gone except Justin. Now he sits in a house that is no longer a home, sitting silently all alone.


I have come to realize that I don't need four walls of my own to call my home, for my home is in my husband and my boys. Home is where I can see my husband and just embrace and look at my children and see the smiles on their face. Wherever we are together we are home. So right now I long for home.
Hon, I think by now it's safe to say that I miss you in every way.
Home is when I'm with you, and there's no place like home!
8 comments:
Shelly I'm the biggest dork. The first time you wrote on my blog I clicked on your name but obviously something went wrong cause I didn't get sent to your blog info. So I thought you had just signed in but didn't have a blog. Then I saw your post on Carly's blog. I'm way excited that you really do have a blog. I just read the whole thing and it looks like you guys are really happy and your boys are darling. I hope that you're feeling better and I can't wait to read more.
Can you believe how fast life goes? I am sure if feels like you just barely got to St. Louis. That is how I was with OR, it went fast but although I was happy to leave. Hope all is well.
Your house is darling! I hope it sells fast and a cute little family buys it!
Hey Shelly! I was so excited to see your post on our blog. Thanks, I'm glad you "ran" into it. I'm so sorry to hear about all the sickness and stuff, but congrats on the pregnancy! How far are you, do you know what you are having? We're excited for you. I'm happy to add you to our blog so we can keep in touch. ~Kara (and Scott) Mortensen
Shelly- this is Trisha (Low) Champlin. I clicked through from another friends blog:) I hope you don't mind.
I just read your "pregnancy" post and I totally know what you mean. Except for the HUGE surgery part I feel like like you were describing my life for the past 2 months! I'm 12 weeks preggo today and am still so sick. It's horrible but it's GOT to stop sometime soon, right? :)
Anyway, just wanted to leave you a note and also tell you hello.
I will be watching for new Richmond news (we are living in Richmond too!) I am excited to meet up with you guys and see the boys again. Come and check out our twins! Trisha and Jon Haws
shelly where are you? Are you okay? I hope everything is going well. I keep waiting for a new post.
Hey-
I am so glad you commented me-I saw your name on Trisha's blog, but her link didn't work. It was good to read through and see what you guys have been up to the last few years. You guys look very happy-but I am so sorry you have been so sick. Now that you are in Cache Valley maybe we will run into eachother. I would love to see you!
Post a Comment