CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Happ New Year



Since Santa decided to bring me a cold for Christmas, being the nice mom that I am I decided to share it with the rest of my family, so we have all been fighting colds for the past two weeks. On New Year's Eve the boys had fun banging pans and screaming "Happy New Year." If you can see the clock in the picture this was at 8:30 then we put them to bed. Justin and I decided to try and stay up until midnight since the past few years we havn't made it to midnight. We stayed awake by watching High School Musical 2 on the Disney Channel and watching the countdown to the ball drop in NY. Then we gave each other a you have cooties kiss and went to bed. I know kind of lame but it was the best we could do. Despite our illnesses we had a great few weeks. Some of the boys favorite things to do included going to Santa's Elves ( a cute Christmas play by T.J Davis), running and leaving gifts on strangers doors, making gingerbread houses, sledding, having family parties and playing with cousins, making treats for Santa and the reindeer, opening presents and playing with their new toys but the best gift was having Justin home for Christmas and knowing he was here to stay. We had a crazy and exciting year and we are excited for all that is to come in 2008!

12 comments:

Erica said...

Congratulations Justin!!! It must be so nice to have school over with and have your family all together. I hope you all had a great Christmas! Your pictures look like you had a lot of fun and lots of celebrating!

carlyl said...

I am so happy for you guys that you are DONE. That has got to feel good. Congrats guys, you both worked very hard.

The Hoths said...

Congrats! It's got to feel GREAT! Now think of all the fun times that lay ahead, especially that little baby, I can't wait to see her!

Hayley said...

Yeah for you for having Justin home! Yeah for Justin graduating. Yeah for you living here. and Yeah for you finally updating! I hope to run into you one day soon.

Jan said...

I love that you guys made an effort New Year's Eve! Fun pictures and I want to congratulate you both for making it through the school process. It's a lot of work and patience.

Dani said...

you guys look like you had such a fun holiday! And so much fun to have Justin home. I am so happy for you. So I am sad that I didn't get to see you while I was there. I thought about it a lot, but we were so busy. I tried to send you an email but it told me that it was an old email so I need a new one for you. Anyway, my mom is coming down the 18th and if you could meet up with her sometime to pass off the photoshop disk that would be great. I didn't really care to have it back but now mine is acting up and I need to take it off and reinstall it. Let me know a new email for you and we can figure out a time to meet up with my mom. Love ya lots!!!!

Trisha said...

I can't wait to see you guys! Can you believe that we live in the same town and haven't run into each other yet?

Jami said...

How nice to have Justin back home and to be finished with the school thing. Unfortunately I haven't seen the end yet but hopefully it will come quickly.

Ash said...

I just read through your last few posts. Congrats on all your exciting news. You have a lot of good things to look forward to this year. Your family is very cute. I love all the pictures.

Katie Davis said...

Hey- hope you guys are over your colds. we somehow have been very lucky in that department. I just keep praying we don't get the throwups! i don't deal well at all with that... being the sick one or the cleaner upper. Also, I want to plan a dinner/party for Justin because it is amazing that he graduated med school and is a Dr. What an accomplishment and needs to be celebrated by his friends. We are proud of all of you for making it through! Are there any upcoming weekends or days that work well? Let me know

annilee said...

Shelly, I stumbled onto your blog by accident. But am so glad I did. You have such a cute little family. Now I can stay up to date with you! I also have a blog it is annileegriffin.blogspot.com! Take Care, Tell Justin Hi.

camigodfrey said...

shelly, the action of blog stalking is mutual, ive been watching your for a while now, thanks for commenting. your family is darling. i hope all is well with you and your family.