I can't believe January is almost over. It has been a lazy but crazy month. First off Ty is now a Sunbeam, I can't believe he is in the primary. He has adjusted really well, but Jake misses him in the nursery. He was very excited Uncle Jeff and Aunt Heather are his new Sunbeam teachers. He loves being with them and they know how to handle him. I also like that I can get an honest weekly report on his behavior. Justin was called as the Young Men's president and is very excited. He has been the Young Men's president before so he knows what to expect and looks forward to doing it again. He does great with the boys since he is basically just a big kid himself :) Three weeks ago our family was asked to speak in sacrament meeting. The boys gave their first talks at the pulpit. They both did really well (other then the fact that their mouths were on the microphone so it was hard to understand them.) They both told their favoriate Book of Mormon story and said that even though they are little they can learn from the Book of Mormon. Justin gave a great talk on strengthening our testimonies and I spoke about Divine Nature so that has been on my mind alot lately. I love this quote I used in my talk.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves. "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is in us. Its not just in some of us, its in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give the other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Nelson Mendela
So let's not let other's determine our self worth. Let's believe with all our heart that we can achieve our dreams and find those divine qualities and talents that lie undiscovered within us. As a child of God, we have a calling and a divine responsibility to fulfill. We all have so much to offer to let's not sit back and leave it to someone else. Our best days are ahead, and there is alot for us to achieve. Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to enbrace those divine qualities that he has placed in each of us, he wants us all to have the very best. Sometimes I feel that I need someone to make me do or tell me what I am capable of doing. But to just try can make all the difference in the world. Do you know your God given potential? Close your eyes and see yourself as God sees you. Are you living up to that potential? If your like me and the answer is no, then what slumbering power do you have that you could awaken?
Let's go awaken it!!!!!
Monday, January 28, 2008
Sunbeams, Calling and Talks
Labels: "
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Beautiful. This post made my night.
How fun. Your family is so cute. Brooks said that he thought your boys look like a mini Bruce and a mini Justin. They are so cute and old. It is sad how quick they grow up. That is exciting to have a girl. Girls are so fun. Anyways, your blog and family are so cute and it is good to see you guys doing good. We will check back regularly as well. Bye Brooks and Laura
Post a Comment