CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

We Salute You


(sorry I don't know how to turn it)

Today Ty came in from playing outside and said, "There is a flag in our yard, come see." He has been pretty excited about the flag since he learned about it in preschool. During the presidential debate I told the boys that I needed to listen because one of the men was going to be the next president of the United State. Ty put is hand on his heart and whipped off the pledge of allegiance. I was totally blown away, I had no idea he even knew what the pledge of allegiance was little own have it memorized! So today I am thankful for the men and women and their families who sacrificed for the freedoms that we enjoy today. And I'm also thankful for the preschool teachers who taught my child the pledge of allegiance. We salute you!

(now he just needs to learn which side his heart is on :)

15 comments:

Emily M said...

I too am so thankful for those past and present who are protecting are freedoms!

Kristina said...

That is so cute! I wonder if Austin knows it? I'll have to ask him!

Hayley said...

That's amazing! I'm gonna have to see if Adyson knows that tomorrow.

Trisha said...

That is a lot for a preschoolers to memorize!

Katie Griffiths said...

Cole passed off a few articles of faith in church this week. In the middle of it, he said, "and to the republic..." Also thanks to his preschool teachers.

Clayton and Heidi said...

That is too cute!

Haylee Munk Brown said...

I remember learning the Pledge when I was in Preschool, we got cupcakes when we got it right! Yum!!

Emily said...

Way to go Ty!

Jenny said...

This made me think about how long it's been since I said the Pledge of Alligance myself...good thing there are kids to remind us of these blessings.

fish family said...

How cute. I will have to ask my son if he knows it. Hope all is well with you guys.

Rachel said...

I remember doing the pledge at good ol Lewiston Ele. don't you? Maybe you had bad teachers!! haha

Anonymous said...

What a good idea! Heya, can I get your e-mail address?

Kylene said...

So very cute. He's darling.

Quinn and Melanie said...

I love it!! That is sooo cute!!

fish family said...

Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving on Thursday.