We had a great Thanksgiving with Justin's family. Everyone pitched in and brought food and helped clean up. The turkey, ham, rolls and pie were all amazing! The cousins ran around and the adults chatted and played games. We talked with Justin's parents on the computer which is always fun. We have so much to be thankful for that some times we take for granted on a daily basis.
We made a Thanksgiving tree with the boy for family night and asked them what they were thankful for. Their answers ranged from their underwear (their clothing of choice) to Jesus and everything in between. I realized that I need to be more thankful for the little things that other people do not get to enjoy like a nice jetted tub and a warm bed to sleep in. It breaks my heart to think of people who don't have these little pleasures that I take for granted everyday. As I went out to get something out of Justin's car and saw glass shattered all over the back seat (from the front window) , I realized that what we have could be taken in an instant and to be thankful for every day that we have. The week before Thanksgiving Justin was driving home from working at a free clinic in Ogden when the winds were blowing really hard. While he was driving a tree branch flew and hit his windshield shattering it. He was not hurt but when he called and said that he was just hit by a tree, my world stopped for a moment. I was so thankful that he was o.k. considering the possibilities of all that could have gone wrong in that moment, getting hurt by the glass or branch, getting in a wreck, rolling. I just couldn't bear the thought of losing him. Our prayers were answered that day and he was protected. But it is a good reminder to me of how thankful I am for him and for each little day that we have with our family. We are so blessed! I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving with the ones they love! Taycie sure did!
| Make a Smilebox scrapbook |
And just a month late, Halloween!
| Make a Smilebox scrapbook |
10 comments:
You have such the cutest idea's to do with your kids. What did you go for? I got everything I wanted. Got my girl something and my boy and a few other things. I was there at midnight lol. It was fantastic. I was first and so I was garunteed it. But we got pushed into the item and it all went to the ground after that. People were shoving and it was just crazy. People got into a fight right there and over at the power wheels and a employee got shoved into were the games are in electronics into that glass and borke it. CRAZINESS. I dont know if I will do it again. Didnt miss it the past 2 yrs but thought it would be fun to go again. Cute pictures. My husbands Grandpa and Grandma lives in Preston and they said they had a article in the paper that they weren't going to do the lights any more. So I guess you better go up just in case and take pictures so you will have them to remember your traditions. Have a great day.
I should clear that up. The hollingsworth Family isnt going to do the lights any more. Preston will though. Just wanted to clear that up in case someone didnt know what we were talking about :)
How do you come up with the cute holiday ideas? Ty and Jake probably loved making the shirts for Halloween. I LOVE the thankful tree. So creative!!
I love the smileboxes- it looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving. Gracie slept through her first Thanksgiving. That is scary about Justin getting hit by the tree branch. And I heard you and your mom braved the shopping maddness and she had quite the scare. People are CRAZY!
I am glad that everything was okay with Justin!
I'm glad Justin is okay! And i'm glad you updated your blog! I've missed you.
I think we will try the Thanksgiving tree too. I love stealing everyone's creative ideas. I just don't have that gene!
I'm glad Justin wasn't hurt, we are all blessed (and spoiled!)
I'm glad Justin is O.k. after the tree incident! And I love the thankful tree, so so cute!
how scary! I am glad everything turned out okay! What a cute idea to make the thanksgiving tree!
Im so glad you had a good Thanksgiving! yes i did do the snowflakes and the Happy Holidays! thanks so much for looking and commenting on them. love ya, hope you all are doing good. I miss you next time you are at your moms you should give me a call and we can get our boys together and reconnect a bit.
Post a Comment