CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lucky???

Has your bad luck ever been your good luck? Justin has had some bad luck with his car this past year. First someone backed up into him at a red light and smashed into the front of his car, then while he was driving through the canyon in a wind storm a tree branch flew off and smashed in his windshield shattering it. Well, a few weeks ago he got hit again in the parking lot and now the car is considered totaled, even though it still runs and just needs a new tail light, and some cosmetic repairs (which we can live without). Well the past few months Justin and I had just been talking about how we really wanted to go to Japan to see Justin's parents. We just didn't know how and if it was going to happen. We kept saving a little money but we kept needing it for something else. Well after Justin's parking lot incident he called and asked what we should do with the money. We both knew exactly what we needed to do with it! We got a check in the mail from the insurance for exactly the amount of money to cover the legally required costs to repair the light and had EXACTLY enough money left for our plane tickets to Japan. Sometimes heaven just works in mysterious ways :) We've booked our tickets and are SOOO excited to go this summer. I know Heavenly Father hears and answers our simple prayers even if they are answered in cray and MYSTERIOUS ways! Heavenly Father's hand is in ALL THINGS! We feel so very lucky BLESSED!

12 comments:

Emily said...

Soo exciting! Are you taking all the kids? That is going to be an amazing vacation!

Unknown said...

WOW, that will be so fun!!! I would love to travel overseas sometime in my life:) You guys will have a great time!

Jenny said...

WOW!!! You made the right choice - vacation of a lifetime or crappy car. I'd take Japan too!

Charee B Mcclellan said...

ohh what great memories you will have for years and years to come...i am sooooooooo excited for you guys and would love an invitation to come also....ha ha! well at least i could wish?? cars are dumb, they break down if they are new, old or whatever, so i am glad that you are going to go and have some great times.

Haylee Munk Brown said...

Yay!! You will LOVE Japan! I want to go back! Where are Justin's parents in Japan? My favorite part of Japan was Kyoto. You need to go there! Also, you need to get the Japan rail pass, you can only get it as a tourist, and you have to buy it here before you get there, but it is great for public transportation if you need to get around. I don't know if you are just staying in one place with Justin's parents, or if you will be heading out an about a bit by train, but if you do definitely go with the rail pass.

Natalie said...

That is awesome! I'm so glad you guys get to go to Japan--you will never regret it. It's always nice to know someone else is running our lives and doing a much better job than we ever could on our own. :)

Pals Place said...

That is so awesome. I'm jealous, I'd love to travel and see my parents in South Africa or my in-laws in China. What a fun vacation!

Emily M said...

That is so awesome that you will be able to go and see justin's parents. It is crazy how things work out! I'm curious too if you are taking the kids or if you two are just going.

Shelly Traveller said...

Emily No we will not be taking the kidos, they will be with grandma. ME and the 17 hour flight and 8 hours of layovers are grateful. Haylee, thanks for the tips, Their mission home is in Nagoya and we will only be there a week so I don't know how far out we'll get to go.

Stephanie said...

Yeah Japan!! How exciting! What an awesome experience.

The Randalls said...

Shelly, it's so fun to see your blog and get an update. You have such a sweet family. Enjoy the vacation and seeing family! Also, I love the blog about your little girl. What a neat story.

Charee B Mcclellan said...

where are you??? i miss your posts!