CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Sweet Taylie




Our four year old neighbor Taylie Abbott, was recently diagnosed with Acute Myelogenous Leukemia. She is currently undergoing chemotherapy at Primary Children's Hospital.

She is facing at least three sessions of chemo, and a bone marrow transplant-it's difficult to see that might be down the road for Taylie. Currently the Abbott's are looking at a minimum of six months in the hospital. We are concerned about the financial burden they will soon carry, with medical bills quickly adding up, not to mention other expenses associated with such a time.

Brett and Lacey, Taylie's parents are well-loved in our neighborhood and community. Great friends to all, and are always the first to provide a helping hand to someone in need. They work hard and don't indulge in feeling sorry for themselves. Their strength and zest for life, and the way they serve others is much admired. Besides Taylie, the Abbott's have two other children-a two-year-old and a brand new baby.

We are holding a Carnival for Taylie on Fri. Sep. 11th from 5-8 at the Richmond City Park. The carnival will feature food, games, and craft booths as well as a raffle and silent action.

In order to successfully carry out this event, donations are needed. Any donations that you or your business can provide is greatly appreciated. All proceeds will directly benefit Taylie.


Please visit www.RichmondAngel.com to make a donation with paypal or credit card. At the site you will be able to see updates on Taylie. Checks may be mailed to P.O. Box 314 Richmond Ut 84333 c/0 Taylie's Hope. Please write checks to Taylie Abbott Donation Fund or make a donation to the same at any Zion's Bank.

We would love to have you join us at the carnival, as well as spread the word! If you would like to volunteer at the carnival, or have other fundraiser ideas please call Melissa Roylance at 435-232-6886. Thank you for your time and consideration.


Sincerely,
Taylie's Hope Committee
Richmond, UT


Aside from the carnival there will be a benefit garage sale for Taylie Sat. Sep 12th at the Richmond City Park from 8 a.m. -1p.m. If you have any items that you would be willing to donate please give me a call I'd be happy to pick them up! We appreciate anything you can do to help our sweet friends!
Love, Shelly

4 comments:

mstokes said...

Shelly, call me. I totally have stuff for a garage sale. And if you are interested, You can use our snowcone machine.

Natalie said...

Em and I will make a baby rag quilt you can raffle or sell. Let me know when you need it--we will try to have it done by Thursday night. I can either bring it to your house or drop it off at your mom's if you're going there in the next few days.

Hayley said...

I worked with Lacey at the KE, and I just love her. And love her cute little family. The salon is doing a booth at the carnival, so I may just see you there!

Shelly Traveller said...

Thanks girls, that would be great! Thursday would be great I think I will come out that night anyway to get some stuff from my mom as well!