We had a great conference weekend. I was inspired by the talks about following the spirit and the prophets talk on, "Have I done any good in the world today." You can read the conference talks HERE. I couldn't help but think of the great place where we live and the great friends that I have. I thought of the way that our community and ward has rallied together to help our neighbors the Abbott's (mentioned in the post below Japan.) But then I thought of all the people who don't know them that were so willing to help. I thought of my friends who stayed up late at night putting together a quilt for the auction on such short notice, rummaging through closets for items to donate. I thought of my friends who wouldn't be around to help but offered their business snow cone machine and all of their supplies for us to use and we made A LOT of snow cones
I thought of a friend who donated their beautiful table to the garage sale so that I could buy it (and oh how I love it)! And the icing on the cake is that all the money went to the Abbott's and not some furniture store, and that makes me smile.
I thought of friends who I saw at the carnival who had never even met the Abbott's but wanted to help in some way. It warmed my heart and I'm so glad to call them my friends. They do good, a lot of good.
Well here is another great chance to help. My friend Kylene (I told you my friends are awesome) has come up with a great idea! She knows a generous man who will donate $2 for every person who posts Taylie's link www.tayliebug.com on their blog, face book or twitter accounts. Get all the details here and at the end of the weekend they will see how many people spread the word and how much money we all helped make for the Abbott's, and we sure hope it's a lot. And maybe by visiting Taylie's site you can see other fundraisers you can attend or other areas you could help and maybe the spirit will give you or someone you know a light bulb moment. So get on your blog, face book and twitter away, easy peasy. And when your done you can say, "I have done something good in the world today," and won't that feel good.
Have I done any good in the world today?
Have I helped anyone in need?
Have I cheered up the sad and made someone feel glad?
If not, I have failed indeed.
Has anyone’s burden been lighter today
Because I was willing to share?
Have the sick and the weary been helped on their way?
When they needed my help was I there?
Oh and if that ain't motivation enough, you'll be entered into a drawing for a Prada purse. You better hurry, I'm just say'in! Go here www.adashofseason.blogspot.com to see the lovely that could be yours!
Thursday, October 08, 2009
What have I done for someone today?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Thanks so much for posting about this! Every link counts. :)
Post a Comment