CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day weekend

I had a fun weekend. First off on Sat. I ripped the kids out of bed at 8:00 so that we could make it to see Justin cross the finish line at the Health Day's 10K Race. We would have made it on time to see him actually cross the finsih line if Ty hadn't decided that he needed to go the the bathroom after we pulled out of the driveway. Oh well we made just in time to capture this.

He beat his goal and ran it in 43 minutes. He came in sixth place over all. Way to go!

This is why I don't run!
My mom always says, "running doesn't make your life longer, it just makes it seem that way." So I'll just stick to being the supporter and cheerleader and stick to running errands. It's called "running" so that should count for something ;)
After the race we took the kids to my parents and went to lunch and did some shopping. Later that night Justin and the boys went to a father and son activity. I put the baby to bed got myself a bowl of ice cream and watched a life time movie. Ahhhh! Later that night I was pretty spoiled I even got a much needed massage. Justin took Taycie at night and I even got to sleep in. Justin got the kids ready for church and I got lots of hugs and kisses when I woke up. Justin and the boys made me cards and a yummy breakfast. After we ate I was sent on a treasure hunt. I followed all the clues, all with nices things to say. At the end I had to put all the clues together and it had a number that I needed to call. I dialed the number and the laundry basket started to ring, I dug through and found this beauty.

That's right folks my very own first cell phone. Go ahead and laugh. I know I am offically the last person on earth to own one. Who should I call first. I D K my B F F. (Just practicing my texting skills.) I'll be waiting for your call.

At chruch the boys made me candy flowers. Well I think they were for me. They were never offered to me and by the time I saw them they were pretty much a slobbery gumdrops on sticks, but I'm sure they were thinking of me while they made them, right. Ty sang with the primary in sacrament for the first time. He thought it was pretty cool and he was so funny. Every other kids was standing still singing reverently and Ty was right in the front and center grinning ear to ear. He was rocking back and forth and waving and pointing at us all while chomping on his gum that he got from his teacher. I guess there is always one entertaining kid, so it might as well be my own. After church we had my mother and fam over for dinner. My mom deserved a much needed break from cooking, she usually cooks dinner for us every Sunday so it was the least we could do to give her a week off.
I hope everyone else had a lovely Mother's Day as well!

4 comments:

Clayton and Heidi said...

I (for some reason) love to run. But, I also agree with you that running doesn't make you live longer it just makes you feel like you do. Amen to that.

Your family is too cute. I love their little treasure hunt for the cell phone. Seriously though if we had a land line I wouldn't have a cell phone. I am not a fan. Call me oldfashioned!

Haylee Munk Brown said...

I can't believe you have your first cell phone!!! I am so impressed!!!! I don't even remember even the last time I had a landline, and sometimes I wish that everyone couldn't get a hold of me every time they wanted. I am a text junkie though, but so is my whole family so it works out!! Good luck with it, and happy Mohters Day!

camigodfrey said...

wow, your very own cell phone, it's about time, you will love it. somtimes it gets annoying when everyone can now find you!

Kassey said...

I am sneeking a peek at your blog, we went to high school together andyway I just wanted you too know that you aren't the last person becasue I still don't have a cell phone, that might comfort you a little to know that you aren't the only person in the world!!