CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day


Happy Father's Day to all our wonderful fathers!

To the Father of my children,
I couldn't ask for anyone better to be the Father to my children. Justin is such a fun dad for the boys, always taking them on adventures and wanting them to experiance the joy of the simple things in life. Whenever he's not home to get the boys ready for bed they want their dad and they let me know it. He always know what to do when I don't. He knows how to give the right amount of discipline yet they walk away feeling loved. I'm thankful for his example. They say the most important thing a Father can do for his children is to love their mother and he does and excellent job. I appreciate all that he does for me, and all that he does to provide for our family. They boys sure love their dad. I love watching him with Taycie, how she melts his heart. I have been replaced and I'm O.k. with it as long as it's to her. I love that every day he tell's her she is the cutest thing that he's ever done seen, and I love how when he holds her she can fall right asleep in his arms, something that she only does for him. He really has the magic touch. It makes me understand alittle more the love that my dad must have for me. Taycie sure adores her daddy! And most of all "I'M so glad when Daddy comes home, glad as I can be!"

To my Papa,
I love my dad so much! He is such a teddy bear. He has always been there for me and made me feel like I could do anything. I think the reason that I did most of the things that I did growing up was because I knew that my dad thought I could and he would support me. He got up with me at 5 a.m. every morning to drive me to drill team or cheer. Sometimes he wouldn't say much but he would always put his hand out to hold mine and that said alot. He would pick me up after school and games and never complained. He cried when I went on my first date and moved away and he would always call and check on me and was always worried about me. I stayed out of alot of trouble because I didn't want to dissapoint my dad. My dad has always been a hard worker holding down jobs on the side so that my mom could always stay home with us and so that we could have every thing we needed and wanted to do. When I was pregnant and sick he would bring me a Jamba Juice after work because that is the only thing I could hold down. He even took off a few weeks off work to come to Saint Louis and take care of us while I was sick last summer. The boys loved playing with Papa and he fixed all the things that we needed done to sell our house and would comb out my snarly hair. I would not have survived without him. I can still remember the sense of relief that I had when he said "Don't worry, I'll be there!" He would drop everything to help his family and is always willing to babysit for me. If I need something I can always count on my dad. My dad was with me when I had my ultra-sound while Justin was still in St. Louis he cried tears of joy when he found out he would have a granddaughter, and cried tears of joy when he saw her being born. Us girls have Papa wrapped around our finger and we just love it! We love you Papa!

To my Father in Law,
I just love Justin's dad. I loved the relationship that Justin has with his parents. I always say that Justin is turning into his dad, and that is a compliment. There is nothing not to love about Bruce. I have seen the love and concern that he has for each of his children. I hope my kids have that same relationship with Justin as he has with his father. Justin has learned alot from his dad and I see that already wearing off on the way that he raises our children. Bruce has been a huge support and has made alot of sacrifices for his family. I liked Bruce from the moment I met him, he had a warm smile and treated me like his own from day one and has always been mindful of my feelings and I've always felt at home. I love his stong testimony and his ability to share it with his family and all those around him. He is a great grandpa. Even though my kids havn't seen him for the past year they always talk about when he took them to see the horses and they like to pray for him. The people of Japan are lucky to have him. We love and miss our Grandpa Bruce.

5 comments:

Quinn and Melanie said...

Darling!! Looks like all you kids got the Traveller eyes!! Sooo cute! It is such a blessing to have a great dad and husband! I am glad your mom is doing ok. That is VERY scary!! I hope she keeps healing well.

Clayton and Heidi said...

what an awesome tribute. You sure do have some good men in your lives. Hooray for fathers!

Kylene said...

I LOVE the pic of your kids. Their shirts are adorable.

I hope your mom is feeling better. What an experience! I'm glad she is safe and that your brother was there to help her. Thanks for your insights and reminders of the sacredness of the temple. We're blessed to know what we know.

Stephanie said...

Your little family is adorable. I'm glad you are all doing well!

Emilee said...

that was sweet! i hope your mom is doing better too! and cute picture of your kids!