Life Lesson Learned: Don't spray paint near an open flame.
My poor mother had a incident with a fire last week. While spray painting the storage room the water heater pilot light caught the fumes and the room went a blaze. Luckily my brother (our hero) was prompted to go down and see how she was doing and that is when it went kaboom. He grabbed her and got her out. The bruisng on her arms are from him grabbing her.
His legs hairs are gone and he has minor burns. My moms legs were pretty bad as you can see (and these are beautiful compared to what they looked like a week ago with the black dead skin). The top layer of her hair was fried and fell out as well as her eyelashes I think are shorter and a spot on her lip and well as some of her finger tips. My mom says she will never get over seeing them standing in a room (the size of a closet) full of fire. The blast was so powerful that it knocked cans off the shelf and blew the door open. She says her body still aches. The amazing thing is where their clothes/garments were they were not even touched by the fire. You can image what the outcome would have been had their clothes caught on fire. Although our garments are symbolic as a reminder of the covenants we have made with our Heavenly Father in the temple, we are also told that they will be a shield and protection to us as long as we are faithful to our covenants. No they are not magical but I have heard many stories where this has been the case and I'm glad it was not my mom's or my brother's time to go. The fire chief says they are lucky to be alive, because in these situations the people rarely walk away. So today we are thankful for the prompting from the Holy Ghost who helps us when we are in need of help and help us to make the right choices and help others, if we but listen. I'm also thankful for a Heavenly Father who hears and answers our prayers and I'm so thankful for my wonderful family. I don't know what I would do without them.
Thursday, June 05, 2008
Her Poor Poor Legs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
22 comments:
Your poor mom! How awful! I hope she is doing okay, and how amazing that she got help just in time!
OWIE!!! I'm so glad that your brother in law listened to the spirit, what a great guy! I hope they heal fast and with not much pain.
Oh my goodnesss! Ouch! I hope she continues to heal fast. I am glad she got out and that it wasn't something bigger.
Ohhh poor Vicky! You tell her I am so sorry! That is horrible! And burns are not fun! I'm glad she is going to be O.K.!
How scary- that is for sure a testimony building experience. I am glad to hear that everyone is okay!!
Taneill
oh im so sorry for your mom, im so glad everyone is okay.
I'm so glad your mom is ok and your brother. I got chills reading your post.
Wow, I can't believe that! How scary for her to be in that situation I'm glad they are both okay.
wow what a experience. She definitly was being watched over. I'm glad that she is ok.
Wow!!! I am glad that your mom and your brother are okay...my mom did not tell me about this happening...if I ask her about it she will swear she told me, but my mom does have amnesia a lot of times!!!
to answer your question, you asked on our blog... "This is the place" park is right across the street from Hogle Zoo. We live really close to it, so we get to go often. It is a lot of fun.
Taneill
So scary!!! Amazing and such a blessing of protection at the same time. I am so so glad that they are ok!
oh wow, that is so scary!I am so glad she is okay!
I cant believe it. I hope your mom is doing good and that she heals very fast. I am so glad that your brother listened and went down to her and was able to help. Such a great testimony builder. Thanks for sharing.
I know that I am a little hormonal at times but tears almost came to my eyes. Please tell your mom that I wish her the best and I know that she is still very beautiful inside and out no matter what she looks like. I really enjoyed your testimony, you are a great person. How wondeful the results!!
Whoa! I'm glad your mom is a good sport to let you post pictures of her burnt legs on your blog. That's so good to be reminded of the power of our temple covenants. I need to hear that more often!
She is a quick healer! I saw her yesterday and they were looking even better than the picture - like a really bad self-tanner experiment. We're glad she's okay.
Hello,
Yea I havent really had kids that had a hard time with teething really. Kaden was like he woke up and had a new tooth every so often. Brylee wouldnt go to sleep and that took us 1 hr but so it wasnt too bad. Hopefully she does like her brother. That would be good lol. I was just glad that she got teeth started to wonder if she would ever get her teeth. The dentist said when I took her at her 1 yr apt. said they would all come in at once. He felt all the teeth there. Its ok about the post you dont have to do it or do it again. Have a great day.
I can't believe that. I didn't know it was possible for that to happen. What an amazing story, she definately had an angel watching over her!!!!
Hey Shelly this is Heather how's it goin? I came across your blog and just wanted to say hi. WOW!That looks very painful, Your mom is so lucky,Tell Vicky i said hi. Is she feeling any better? I'm glad everyone is okay. By the way you have the cutest little family, your kids are gorgeous!
Shelly,
Good to see you guys and your kids are getting so big! I can't believe that with your mom. I hope she's doing ok.
Thanks for the sweet note. It was good to hear from you. Aaron says hi too:) We are excited to move to logan and glad to be by family. I'm really grateful aaron got a job there and he's pretty excited about it to. Maybe we'll see you guys around. Have a great day!!!
veronica
Oh wow... I hope your mom is okay. What a scary experience. What a blessing to wear garments and have the Holy Ghost!
Post a Comment