Thursday, June 26, 2008
VIVA LAS VEGAS!
We survived the trip to Las Vegas despite a few set backs. Jake put a quarter in the DVD player in the van and it didn't work the entire way. (No honey you don't need to put money in it to make it work.) Ty couldn't hold it any longer and peed his pants in the van, that was fun. The extremely record setting 117 degree temperatures,it was HOT! The baby was teething, had an ear ache or was just plain onry. Justin complaining how he hates Vegas over and over and over again (sorry honey but its true.) But besides all these set backs we had fun and my brother finally got hitched. Jared and Krista got married on Saturday in the Las Vegas Temple. There is nothing like leaving the filthy strip to the holy and clean temple on the hill and being reminded of what is really important. What a contrast! It was a great day and it was great to see family we hadn't seen for a long time! Lots of friends and family made the trip and that meant alot to our family. We have such great family and friends. We are so glad Jared and Krista got married and we are excited to have Krista in our family! We love you guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Glad you guys had fun. Sorry about your little girl about not feeling well. Sad about her loosing hair. Hopefully she will grow it back fast so you can do pig tails. I had to take Brylee to the drs and she asked how I got it in with so little hair. But when you got something work with it. Your kids are so cute. Have a good day.
Well you will have to tell Jared congrats for me I am glad to hear that he was married. sounds like the wedding was lots a fun. CONGRATS. love ya.
Okay 117 degrees it a little too hot for me! But, what a fun trip, I love weddings! I haven't been inside the Vegas temple but I bet it's gorgeous!!!!
Oh my gosh! I totally got the invitation, and didn't even realize we missed it until I read your blog!!! I am so sad, we were totally looking forward to seeing you guys!!! Tell your family we are so sorry! For some reason I thought it was this Saturday! We really had great intentions of making it! Tell Justin Vegas is only miserable for a few months out of the year, and then it's perfect here while you guys freeze in Cache Valley!!!
I am glad that you guys had a good time despite all the setbacks. We were sad that we weren't able to come. Krista looked so pretty and Harold looked handsome. It is still weird for me to think of him and Brett married.
My parents said it was a great wedding. How exciting, congrats to Jared and Krista. I'm with Em - I can't believe they are married!
I hate Vegas too! It's way too hot and the strip is fun for like 3 hours but then you just want to get out of there. I guess if we didn't have any sort of standards Vegas would be as fun as TV and movies make it out to be, but I'll take the temple anyday over the lights and glamour!
I love how quickly the dvd player was broken, it just sounds like something my kids would do!
The first part sounds a little scary, but I am glad it turned out great. You got to love kids on road trips:) At least they keep things exciting. 117 degrees?? how did you survive!!
good thing the temple is air-conditioned! your boys sound like mine!
Looks like you had a fun! Sorry about all the setbacks... that always seems to happen, doesn't it? If you still an invite to my blog, send me an e-mail with your e-mail address
kara.mortensen@gmail.com
Oh Vegas... That's a good drive with three kids I would guess. You're bound to have some issues - we would. I love the slideshow pictures. You guys look great.
Thanks for this post. I loved seeing the wedding pictures and really, really wanted to come. We love you and your family! Congrats to Harry! (I really didn't think any of those boys would ever get married.)
I'm sure you're glad that's over! I would never have attempted that drive. I would have said fly me or forget it. You are a good lady Shell. I saw Slick Vick in Walmart today with Billy and Mikey. Hallie was screaming and I thought of you and your trip to Walmart when Taycie screamed as well. The joy!!!!
What a trip! And I agree, Vegas is just...well, you know. How neat to see the contrast between the temple and strip. Glad you guys survived!
Post a Comment