CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 09, 2008

What is he missing?



So after telling the children to find their shoes and get into the van I rushed over to drop Ty off at the Primary Party, an hour later we picked him up and drove back home. When Ty got out of the van I noticed he was missing something.

Me "Did you leave your shoes in the van or at the church?"
Ty "I didn't wear shoes!"
Me "WHAT do you mean you didn't wear shoes."

I looked in the shoe cubby and sure enough he didn't wear shoes. How embarrassing.. I knew I was about to lose my marbles but I didn't think I already had. I'm sure they think I'm mother of the year!

17 comments:

annilee said...

How funny! The things us mom's have to endure!!!

Emily said...

That is so funny--it must run in the family. One time when we were in Nauvoo my Dad was running late to church so we packed everything up and went without him. He walked to church and when he got there he was barefoot because my Mom had packed his shoes! It was pretty funny! Then he had to wear teva's with black socks--not sure which was worse (:

Trisha said...

I doubt anyone at the primary party even noticed!

Jill said...

That sounds like something that would happen to me. You have enough to worry about so it's hard to check everything you tell them to do.

Emily M said...

That is GREAT! I love when stuff like that happens- you know that they are really listening to you. (ya right)

Katie Davis said...

Love it! I tookJack to his 3 yr. Dr. appt last week, sans shoes, because the little monkey threw them out the car window while I was getting hallie's seat in! Luckilly, only in the garage but I didn't have a clue until we were in the parking lot, getting out. It was embarrassing! But alot more funny! Ty is such a cutie. We need to get together again...

Sarah said...

Sounds like something I would do. You're a great mom. At least it was only his shoes. Cute kid!

Unknown said...

That is so funny. Maybe the Ward will feel the need to buy you some now! Haha

Andrew said...

Awesome! Your doing good if it's just now starting. Yesterday I put Carson's shoes on and a guy said, 'hey buddy. your shoes are on the wrong feet.' OOPS! My bad! - jan

Rachel said...

Don't worry, you ARE mother of the year!!

Dave and Julie said...

Shelly this is Julie Keele (Daines) I found you on Julie Worthen Blogg it is good to see that you are surving with three kids. They are sure cute.

Haylee Munk Brown said...

Ha ha ha! I love it!! I will still vote for you or mother of the year, don't worry!!

Quinn and Melanie said...

So stinkin funny!! All you can do is laugh about it, right?? It was so fun to see you the other day. Lets do it more often.

Quinn and Melanie said...

PS: Tell Katie to invite me to her blog...I LOVE that girl! melbagy@hotmail.com

Heather Whitehead said...

That's too FUNNY! I swear kids love running around in their socks.

camigodfrey said...

that is hilarious, don't worry there are many of us right there with ya!

Charee B Mcclellan said...

shelly, i just started a skyview1999.blogspot.com blog. go to the bottom and sign in. pass on the word to as many people as possible and hopefully if we ever have a reunion we can pass the word...but mainly to see everyone from good ol 99!