CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 03, 2007

It's a Girl, For Sure!

I went in for my real ultra-sound on Thursday. Since Justin is in St. Louis my dad went with me to my appointment. My mom wanted to go as well but she got the job of watching the boys. My dad won because he deserved it since he came to St. Louis to take care of us while I was so sick. He also knows this trick where he can look in your eye and can tell by some vein, whether it's a boy or girl. He looked in my eyes and said I have the girl vein. We were really excited to see if he and Dr. Horsley's 90% guess was right. We were both very excited when she said she was 100% percent sure it's a Girl! I can't believe I'm having a girl. Girl's are so rare on my side of the family, I'm the only girl with four brothers, two sons, a nephew and another nephew on the way. I have just always been surrounded by boys. Justin and I have both wanted a girl at some point. We said that we would keep having kids until we got a girl. Now I'm a little relieved because I don't know how many more pregnancies I can handle, but there is not that thought that I might have to have 12 boys before I get a girl. I've always wanted to name my little girl Taycie. Ever since I was little I named my dolls Taycie, so we have been waiting and waiting for the real thing. If you ask the boys what the baby is they say, "Princess Taycie." They are so excited, they like to sing and talk to my belly and are always talking about when the baby comes. They will be very protective and great older brothers. We already love her so much and we all can't wait to finally meet our Princess Taycie.

11 comments:

Melissa Hernandez said...

congrat's, girls are a hoot because they are born with attitude. You are going to have so much fun. If your already starting to stock up on bows, I found the jackpot at the quilted bear in the ogden mall. I was so proud of myself I only left the store with 1 :)

Kylene said...

Sugar and spice and everything nice! Yeah for girls! Congrats Shelly. What a cute name. She will be beautiful. Good thing she has 2 older brothers to take care of her. Remind us all when you are due again??

Dani said...

Congrats on it being an "official girl". :) When are you due?

The Hoths said...

yeah! Congratulations. That 3-d picture of her face is so cute. Isn't it great that you know she's cute? Of course there was never a thought in our minds that she wouldn't be, but now we've seen it with our own eyes. love it!

Shelly Traveller said...

Hey everyone,
I'm due March 4th. My boys were two and three weeks early, so we'll see if we have a Feb. baby.

Trisha said...

I am so excited for you! On the Haws side we have lots of boys too so we are hoping for a girl eventually too!

Jan said...

It's always nice to have that confirmation of what you are having. I am so excited for you!!!

carlyl said...

I am so excited for you. So tell me what did you eat???

Jami said...

You are going to love having a girl.
Especially to dress them up. I've made so many bows and beaded binky holders I don't know what to do with all of them. I'll have to pass some your way! Congrats

Dani said...

Your boys are going to take such good care of their little sister. I am so excited for all of you. I love the name also. We are struggling right now with the name thing but decided we would wait to really think until we know what it is. Oh, how did you get your lillypie countdown to fit on your sidebar. Mine is all screwed up.

JonesFamily said...

Girls are fun! So much fun to shop for! Congrats!!