CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A week of Thanksgiving!

We're so glad when daddy comes home!

Justin was able to come home last week for Thanksgiving and we had and enjoyable time spending time with our family. It had only been a month since we had seen him but that can seem like forever when your taking care of two little boys from sun up til sun down. For Thanksgiving we went to Denise's and visited with family from the Erekson side there. After we headed to my parents. It was the first time that we were all together for Thanksgiving in several years so my mom was very happy to have us all there. Maybe so happy that she forgot about the stuffing. Now my friend Hayley would not have let this get by (read her blog she loves stuffing :) , but for some reason nobody noticed. My brothers said that they noticed but just didn't say anything. I just plain didn't notice, there was way to much yummy food overflowing on my plate that it just would have been one more thing to fit. My mom about died when she saw the box still sitting there untouched when everyone was done and the dishes were put away. We found it very funny but I don't know if she'll get over it for awhile.
Cousins



We also celebrated two birthdays this week. Our niece Avery turned two and if you don't know this girl she is a hoot. The boys had fun playing in their neighbor's chicken coop and I had a great time at their home visiting with Amber while Justin went and took the Utah Law Licencing test. On Thanksgiving we also celebrated Justin's mom Leanne's birthday. Even thought she is in Japan we were extra thankful for her and her great example to us. We have so much to be thankful for! Justin was a good sport and even ventured out at 4 a.m on black Friday to hit the sales with me. If you have never been it is a little crazy and I always say I'll never do it again, but I guess you can never say never. We did get our Christmas shopping done and saved about 50% so we can't complain. After we went to the November Fest and met up with my mom, brother, aunt and cousins and looked at all the cute things that were for sale but we restrained ourselves and just browsed. We set up the Christmas tree so that we could enjoy it together. The week went by two quickly and we were sad to see it go. Time flies when you are having fun. Ty said he sure loves it when Dad comes to visit. We are glad that this was our last visit. When he graduates in three weeks he will be home for good and we are counting down the days. I have so much respect for the people who have family serving in the military and are gone for months to even years at a time. I can't even make it a month without losing my mind. I will never forget them in my prayers ever again!

7 comments:

carlyl said...

You are one tough girl shel, I don't think I could make it w/o Mike for more than a couple of days. Hang in there, it will be over soon... Sounds like you guys had a great Thanksgiving though.

Melissa Hernandez said...

I can't believe you were out at 400 am on black friday. I did 900 and I thought that was crazy enough. I am jealous you went to Nov. fest. This was my first year I didn't go because I use to always go with my mom. They moved to South Dakota. I understand what you mean when you say don't take family and time for granted. I missed her tons on Friday!

Hayley said...

That picture of the boys hugging Justin at the airport is too sweet. Be tough, only 3 more weeks!

Jan said...

What... only one month... that is like eternity. Like Carly said you are tough!

Erica said...

I'm so glad that Justin was able to go home and be with you over Thanksgiving. I can't imagine how tough that would be! How exciting to only have 3 weeks until he is done for good. Way to go with the 4 am shopping! We did 7 am and that is the best I can do, but it is so much fun!

Kylene said...

I hope you guys can be together soon. I Love the top pic of Justin and the boys.

I ventured out and did the Black Friday bit too. Why do we do that to ourselves?! I say that every year as I stand in line but every thanksgiving I'm going through all the adds and making my map! Until next year huh.... :)

Sarah said...

That's so fun that you got to see Justin for Thanksgiving. You are almost there!!! It will be so fun when he is done for good. We really should get our kids together. You guys are pretty close. Hayden would love playing with some boys. All of our neighbors are girls, and it's wearing off on him. This week he wanted care bears fruit snacks, candy necklaces, a princess wand, and a pony. He needs some male friends for sure!!!