So while I was pregnant I had to come up with a nursery that would go in the green room that she would be staying in once we moved to Utah. I didn't know know if we were having a boy or girl so it had to be gender neutral. I found this darling green and cream crib set at a garage sale that would work perfect for only $8. I also found a crib for $20 and a changing table for $5. What a steal! Before she was born I decided I needed to spruce it up alittle more and add some pink. I took the boys old mobile and made these cute paper globes and wallaah a new mobile.
(A few people have asked how I made these. E-mail me and I can send you instructions)
Then I took an old canvas and some scrapbook paper and made this.
A few dollars at the dollar stores and I was able to make these.
The final product a $40 nursery. You can't get better then that on a shoestring budget and I like how it turned out. I guess you can call me the queen of cheap.
The Princess in the nursery PRICELESS!!!!
Monday, April 07, 2008
A Place for a Princess
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Those are so cute. I might have to copy you on a few of those things. You are super creative. It looks great.
What a darling room! I love the T above the crib. I think it is so fun to decorate girls rooms, and seriously you can find some good deals and get creative!
You are so crafty, and it looks gorgeous, nice job! Don't you love the dollar store? I decorated our playroom with everything from Dollar Tree in Smithfield, it was so cheap!!
Wow I'm impressed. So cute. You are quite talented and hey you can't beat cheap deals
Shelly! You have such a darling family! I can't believe I found your blog! I'm getting married and would love to share my special day with you! Email me your address at aacutler@gmail.com.
I'm so excited for you and justin! You appear to have a very pleasant life! :)
Ashlee Cutler
YOu did such a great job! It is adorable.
Very cute! I am very impressed with your thriftiness (is that a word)
Kudos! I must say you are far more talented than I. I'm cheap too, but I couldn't come up with stuff like that! I am very impressed!
WOW Shelly you did a GREAT job I love it.
Love the nursery! So cute! Do you hire out? =) It doesn't seem like that long ago I was hauling my suitcase of Barbies up the road to your house and we were decorating your dollhouse!
I love love the room! You did such a great job!!!
IMPRESSIVE! I would have never come up with all that for $40. I don't ever find great deals. It looks like such a sweet place for your little princess. By the way, your scrapbook pages look awesome. I'm jealous cause I'm so behind. I need to get going!
Shelly you are so talented. Very nice and very good job. Looks great and fantastic job!!!!
Post a Comment