CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 08, 2008

My Daily Scoop

Ever since our cousin Annilee shared a blog with us of a woman she knows from Vegas who lost her little girl in a terrible accident (thanks Annilee) I have been addicted. We put the kids to bed and I get my daily scoop. My husband looks over at the tears in my eyes and asks why I torture myself. Although it is torturous to read about someones loss I finish feeling uplifted. Tears run down my face as I am reminded of the plan of salvation, the atonement, and a Heavenly Father who loves each of us. Her faith and strength at such a difficult time strengthen me on a daily basis and reminds me to cherish every moment. My perspective on life seems a little clearer each night before I go do bed. I sneak back into my children's rooms and stare at them while they sleep and give them one last kiss and thank my Heavenly Father for blessing my life with these sweet spirits. So know it's your turn, hug your kids a little tighter and don't forget to get your daily scoop here www.adailyscoop.blogspot.com
P.S. Don't forget a Kleenex (and don't say I didn't warn you!)

Oh and I just found another on Becca's blog www.jacksonparkcity.blogspot.com it's also a tear jerker!

11 comments:

Maegan said...

Thank you for sharing that Shelly. Although it did bring tears, that women is such an expample! I too will probably continue reading and follow their story.

Adam and Aubrey said...

Oh my goodness! I am so glad you read this too! I read her blog EVERY NIGHT! Not kidding! My husband says the same thing, he can't understand it. But what a woman she is! I think she is so incredible. I am soooo glad to see that you read too! We are one and the same!

ps, did you read that comment left on her blog from the bitter mom? Poor girl!

Charee B Mcclellan said...

ok so I forgot to leave you a comment last night, because I was on hers forever! Thanks for sharing. I have decided that I am going to spend ten times more time with my little one and hug and kiss and play with him like crazy! ohh I had a hard time sleeping last night after reading about such stupid things that can take a life, choking on a apple and so on. ohh these women are so stong, I don't know if I would be!

Rachel said...

Weird how reading about people you don't even know will leave you bawling. I hope Nate doesn't walk in right now, or he will wonder what happened to me :)

Becca said...

Ok
Thank You! I thought I was the only person who did this out there! It seriously changes the way I think about everything I do all day, From being very aware of what my kids are doing to being a little nicer, more patient, kinder etc. If you ever want to be sad there is also another very sad one I found from my sister -in laws blog
www.jasondgingerd.blogspot.com
I thought nothing to weird right, and then I linked to her sister Kate's blog from her's and July 19 was her last post, she passed away 7/20 in her sleep! 31 yrs old. So sad. Glad to know someone else does this as well. Baby Camille's mom writes so well! -Your family is so cute and Justin is so lucky to have snagged you.

Jami said...

My sister-in-laws friend from Vegas is the Aunt of the little girl Camille and I too have been following her story. I was just called to be a relief society teacher and I had to do the lesson today on death. It's been an emotional day for me especially after checking out about the little girl Lucy. It really does make you want to appreciate every minute you spend with your little ones. Thanks for sharing!

BKT said...

shelly-
I made our blog private and I am not sure if I have your email or not. Email me your email address if you didn't get and invite, and you want one. My email is tthurgood@gmail.com
Thanks

Taneill T

Natalie said...

My mom reads that blog and got me hooked on it. I also had to teach the Relief Society lesson on death and gained such a new insight from reading about little Camille. I bet her mom never had any idea how many lives she would touch!

Emily M said...

My mom is way addicted to that blog. I have looked at it a few times and bawled. I am amazed at the way she can express what she is feeling- she is so gifted in her writing. It really does put things into perspective.

Carley said...

Thank you for sharing those blogs...I have been reading them non-stop for the past couple of days...my husband also thinks I am crazy, but it really does make you think about what is important...I want to pay attention to everything my kids are doing and to be more patient with them...it is so sad that we have to read about other's losses to know and appreciate what we have....

Amy F. said...

Thanks for sharing that blog. I just became so engrossed in it, so much so that I think I'll have to add it to my daily blog reading as well. What an appropriate time to read it, right before church. I needed a good, hard reminder of what is important. Her blog, and yours, makes me want to be better. Just better, you know?. I am so inspired.