I grew up in the greatest little town. To celebrate pioneer day Newton throws the greatest bash. It's the funniest day of the whole year! It's two days full of great fun. On Friday we went to the dinner and talent show. On Saturday morning Justin and my brother ran in the 5K fun run. Justin took 1st in his age group and 2nd place over all and Billy got 4th over all and 2nd in his age division. They did great!
After the breakfast there is a parade.
The kids loved the Sheriff car Papa drove in the parade. They thought it was Bumblebee the Transformer.
More yummy food and cotton candy
They shot off candy canons, rock climbing walls, blow-up bouncers, dunk tanks, kids races, egg toss, a volleyball tournament (which my brother's team won) and a watermelon seed spitting contest. Which Justin won (look at his competition)
The boys loved the pony rides and petting zoo

But most of all they loved the foam that the fire truck sprays
foam monsters



We can't wait until next year!
Tuesday, August 05, 2008
Newton 24th of July Celebration
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
The foam looks amazingly fun! I would love to go for a dip! I didn't even know these festivities were going! Shows how much I know about the valley! Hilarious that Justin's competition is a bunch of 8 year olds. . . just kidding! There's a big guy in there too!
I love the small town celebrations...it is always like a reunion of sorts because everyone comes back to them! SO FUN!
Can I be invited next year?! Looks like tons of fun.
What fun pictures! We were out of town and I'm bummed we missed the big celebration. It seems like they have added some new events/activities and really livened things up. This brings back great memories of the Lip Sync and you being Dolly Parton and us being the Spice Girls!
your kids are all so cute! dang cute family picture too! dont you love summer and all the fun times!?
your bows are darling, i make ours too, such a fun hobby!
Post a Comment