CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 22, 2007

OCTOBER

Where did October go?

I have the internet now and finally downloaded all my pictures so now I can share what we have been doing this past month. First off we moved into our home. O.K so it is not really our home but we will love it like our own. Justin's parents are serving as mission president's in Japan so we are house sitting for the next few years. It was sad when we got here and the boys were so excited to see Grandma and Grandpa and they weren't here. We know they are where they are supposed to be at this time, but we miss them all the same. Bruce's brother Kent (who looks similar to Bruce) was visiting his daughter next door and walked over to see us. We were playing outside and Ty went running towards him screaming, "Grandpa, Grandpa." This broke my heart. Ty has done it a few times since. We were joking around saying maybe we should just let Ty think that Kent really is grandpa and then he would never have to know grandpa was ever gone. We miss them but we are blessed to be able to live in their house right now with Justin graduating in December and student loans up to our ears. So the boys and I are moved in and loving it! It is so nice to be close to our families. Justin's sister Heather and her husband Jeff live in the basement as well, so it is good to know they are here when Justin is gone. So if anyone is ever in Richmond, please come over we love visitors.



We have had a fun past week! Justin flew in last Saturday and stayed for a week. He wanted to come for his birthday. He said the only thing he wanted for his birthday was to be with us, so that is what we gave him. On Sunday we had a little family birthday party after church. Amber and Geoff and their kids came up to hear Bryce speak in our new ward. Bryce gave a great talk on President's Eyrings conference talk. And the kids had a great time playing together. The boys are excited to finally be around cousins.
On Monday for FHE we took the boys to the Willow Park Zoo. They kept asking where the penguins and the rhinos were. We just had to remind them that we were not at the St. Louis zoo.

Looking at the birds.

I told Ty to pose and this is what he did.


The boys love playing at the park with dad, he is more fun and chases them down the slides and through the tunnels, not to mention he is more daring.


When we got home from the zoo (if you can call it that). We set out as the Halloween ghost. On Sun. night the Halloween Ghost visited our house so then you must go and do the same. We made Halloween cookies and the took them around to some people in our ward. If you would like to start the Halloween Ghost all you have to do is attach a paper saying that they have been visited by the Halloween Ghost and all they need to do is make treats for two other families so that hopefully everyone gets visited. The main thing is not to get caught. The boys looked on from the van as Justin played the ghost and then would jump back in and we would quickly drive away. The boys thought this was hilarious. They wanted to get out and be the ghost but we were afraid we would get caught.
Wed. was Justin's 27th birthday! We had our ultra-sound scheduled for this morning, but when we got there they said that the technician was gone for the week and they would need to reschedule. We were so bummed since Justin would not be here the next week. Dr. Horsley who is the greatest doctor said that he would an ultra sound for free. He looked and looked but the baby's legs were crossed the whole time. Finally when I thought he was giving up, he turned off the machine and said, "I got the shot I need, I say 90% girl." There is still that 10% chance. But we were so excited! I go in two week for the real ultra-sound so I'll see if she grows a third leg between now and then. After we went to Justin's soon to be office and visited with everyone there. His nice secretary made him some yummy dessert and then we went to get the boys. As you can tell from the video the boys were so excited to hear the news. They had been saying it's a girl all along. Later we met up with Justin's brother Bryce for dinner at the Copper Mill. He's so funny and it was fun to visit with him. He was teasing Justin that he looks like dad because he had on tennis shoes with his dress shirt and leather coat. Justin and I realized that we are getting old and are not hip anymore, so I took Justin to the mall and he picked out some new shoes and a "hip" shirt that Bryce would approve of. When we got back to my mom's the boys had made Justin a party. They had baked cupcakes and made decorations. They were so excited to show him all that they had done. Justin had a great day and we look forward to another wonderful year!
On Thursday night we went out to the Pumpkin Walk in North Logan. If you havn't made it out you need to go. It was fun for the adults as well as the kids.




They also have these really cute cut outs. Here are some of our favorites of Ty, my brother Billy, my brother Mike and my nephew Hunter.





On Friday we had a great party with a bunch of our friends. For all of you who couldn't make it, we hope you can next time.
On Sat. We went to the tour of the new women's center at the hospital. It was really crazy to think that in about four month I'll be there having a baby! The new labor and deliverly floor is amazing so we are looking forward to the experiance. They even just called and Justin won a $20 gift certificate to Stork Landing, good job hon, I'm glad I made him fill out the card. After we took Ty to get his hair cut. He inherited my thick mop, and his hair grows like a week. He made Justin tell the lady not to hurt him that she could only tickle his neck. Then we meet some of our family for lunch and headed to the temple to see our cousin Alise get married.



She looked georgous and it is always fun to go and be reminded of the day when we were married! Baba did the sealing, and did a great job. I could go to a sealing everyday, I love them. The spirit is always so strong and I love hearing the blessings and thinking of eternal families.
Later we went to Alise's and Zed's reception at the Logan golf course clubhouse, it was beautiful and they served pizza, sorbet ice-cream cones, cupcakes and soda's. This was the boys kind of party. We had a great week!



When the boys and I picked up Justin at the airport last Saturday the canyon was beautiful and sunny.
When I dropped him off on Sun. It was gloomy and ugly, just like my mood.

Can I make it 24 more days until he comes back to visit again? I just don't know!

11 comments:

Erin Davis said...

That was such a great post! I can't believe you are having a GIRL! My boys keep saying that the baby in mommy's belly is a baby sister. Who knows if they will get what they want! I'm glad you are settled. Congrats again!

Hayley said...

We did the pumpkin walk thing for FHE night and it was super fun. My kids loved it! If you ever need help with your kids while Justin is away, we are just in smithfield! Good luck!

carlyl said...

What a fun week, that was fun to read about. I bet that is so hard having Justin gone like that. I wish I was there to hang out and make the days a little less long... keep letting is know what is up...

The Hoths said...

you need to call me one of these days and we can let the kids play. (232-6332) Sorry that Justin had to leave, hang in there!

Erica said...

How exciting for you to be back in Cache Valley! It will be so nice when Justin can be there for good. It's great to hear about you and your family. We sure miss seeing you guys. Congratulations on a girl! The pumpkin walk looked so fun, we went to that every year so it was so fun to see some pictures of it!

JonesFamily said...

Shelly!
So sad about the kids looking for grandpa and grandma! I am adding you to my blog roll as well. That is great about the girl! I have lots of cute hair things too, they are way too easy to shop for!

Jan said...

Loved the update, sounds like you guys had a fun time. I hope the next 24 days goes fast!!! Thankfully, you're family is close.

Hayley said...

We really should get together some time! I was trying to remember the other day when I saw you last, and I honestly can't remember. It could have been Sr. trip! That was so much fun-and I was always so glad that you came.

Kylene said...

I love the pic of Ty posing! It made me laugh.

Remind me when you are due? Girls are so much fun. A little girl will be fun to add to your darling mix of boys. Do you guys have names picked out yet?

Maegan said...

So fun! I am sure you all loved every minute of it!

Trisha said...

I am going to come and see you sometime! It will be so fun to meet the boys!